Using the digital certificate
- To use your digital certificate, you will need to:
- Install all the required drivers and applications, as described in the chapter Installing the device
- Make sure the token is connected to your computer each time you want to sign/encrypt a document/message or to authenticate in private networks or secured webpages
- Provide the PIN code when requested
- You can use your digital certificate to:
- Digitally sign any type of digital document or e-mail message
- Encrypt any type of digital document or e-mail message
- Authenticate in private networks or secured webpages
- Used together with Adobe Reader, to digitally sign PDF documents (contracts, electronic invoices, reports, tax returns etc.) containing digital signature fields.
- KEEP THE PIN CODE SECRET. The cryptographic device (token) containing the digital certificate uses a PIN code which protects the information stored on it from being accessed by unauthorised persons. Do not disclose this PIN code to anyone!
- UNLOCKING THE DEVICE. Your token will lock if you enter the wrong PIN Code 3 consecutive times. To unlock it, follow the steps described in the chapter Unlocking the device
- PERMANENTLY LOCKING THE DEVICE. By entering the wrong PUK code 3 consecutive times, your device will lock permanently and you will need to buy a new device and a new certificate. To avoid this situation, contact our support department for assistance (031 101.18.70).
- DO NOT FORMAT/RESET YOUR DEVICE! By doing so, you will delete the cryptographic material (certificate and keys) from the token and you will need to buy a new certificate.
- DON NOT DELETE OBJECTS FROM YOUR DEVICE! By doing so, you will delete the certificate or the cryptographic keys from the token and you will need to buy a new certificate.
Copyright 2016 certSIGN. All rights reserved.